Thomas R. Cox, Oct 2019
We are seeking a full-time dedicated Research Assistant (RA) to come work with us. The group combines the use of 3D models of cancer with novel state-of-the-art imaging approaches to reveal how the extracellular matrix (ECM) drives cancer progression and metastasis. Our mission is to establish targeting of the extracellular matrix as a viable therapeutic approach in the treatment of solid cancers.
- Pereira BA*, Vennin C* et al. Trends in Cancer (2019)
- Vennin C et al. Nature Communications (2019)
- Chitty FL*, Filipe EC* et al. F1000Research (2018)
- Mayorca-Guiliani AE*, Madsen CD*, Cox TR* et al. Nature Medicine (2017)
- Cox TR et al. Nature (2015)
The project will use of a range of cellular and molecular biology techniques along with 2D and 3D in vitro and in vivo culture of tumour cells, and state-of-the-art microscopy to understand how the changing extracellular matrix landscape alters cancer cell behaviour to facilitate tumour growth, metastasis and response to therapy. Advanced training in cutting-edge 3D models of cancer as well as in vitro and in vivo imaging and molecular techniques will be provided within the laboratory.
Successful candidates should possess the following:
- Already have or expect to achieve a first class honours degree preferably in molecular biology, bioengineering or biochemistry
- Exceptional laboratory and analytical skills
- Experience in presenting data orally
- Experience in tumour biology and matrix biology (preferable)
- High motivation and level of commitment to achieving scientific goals
- Excellent time management and written communication skills
- A high attention to detail and ability to carry out high quality work routinely
We place an emphasis on good team spirit, cooperation, flexibility, excellent time management with a strong drive and a commitment to produce high quality experimental outcomes.
Start: Late 2019 / Early 2020
This is a one year full-time, fixed term position with high possibility to extend.
For more information and to apply, please visit the Garvan Institute Job Portal
Applications not made through the above Garvan Job Portal cannot be considered.