Thomas R. Cox, Aug 2017
We are seeking a full-time dedicated PostDoc to work in the Cancer Division Matrix & Metastasis Group headed by Dr. Thomas Cox. The group combines the use of 3D models of cancer with novel state-of-the-art imaging approaches to reveal how the extracellular matrix drives cancer progression and metastasis. Our mission is to establish targeting of the extracellular matrix as a viable therapeutic approach in the treatment of solid cancers.
The project will use of a range of cellular and molecular biology techniques along with 2D and 3D in vitro and in vivo culture of tumour cells, and state-of-the-art microscopy to understand how the changing extracellular matrix landscape alters cancer cell behaviour to facilitate tumour growth, metastasis and response to therapy. Advanced training in cutting-edge 3D models of cancer as well as in vitro and in vivo imaging and molecular techniques will be provided within the laboratory.
Successful candidates should possess the following:
- A PhD or MD qualification, preferably in molecular biology, bioengineering or biochemistry
- Exceptional laboratory and analytical skills
- Experience in presenting data orally
- Experience in tumour biology and matrix biology (preferable)
- Less than two years of post-doctoral training
- High motivation and level of commitment to achieving scientific goals
- Excellent time management and written communication skills
- A high attention to detail and ability to carry out high quality work routinely
- Willingness to apply for fellowship grants
- High quality publication record
We place an emphasis on good team spirit, cooperation, flexibility, excellent time management with a strong drive and a commitment to produce high quality experimental outcomes.
Start: Late 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit the Garvan Institute Career Website
Applications not made through the above Garvan Job Portal cannot be considered.